SAME supports the May Day Rally and March!
A CALL TO:
- END to Deportations and Border Militarization!
- #fightfor15 and Livable Wages!
- The Right to ORGANIZE and UNIONIZE without retaliation!
- STOP the War on Public Education!
- END all discrimination in the workplace for women and LGBTQ community!
FOLLOW THE EVENT ON TWITTER @MayDaySanDiego
SAVE THE DATE!
WHO: Working People throughout San Diego
WHAT: May 1st Day of Action on International Worker’s Day
WHEN/WHERE: Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
• 2pm Opening Rally at the Civic Center, 3rd & B St. SD, CA. 92101
• 3:30 March
• 5:00 Closing Rally at Chicano Park, 1981 Logan Ave. SD, CA. 92113
Dear Gonzalez Family,
My name is Jose Medina; I am a steering committee member of SAME Alliance, a grassroots, non-profit organization based in San Diego. Our organization was founded in opposition to Proposition 8 and is a democratically-run organization committed to fighting for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights including marriage equality. I am delivering this letter on behalf of the organization.
In pursuit of justice and solidarity for marriage equality, SAME Alliance has made outreach to other justice-seeking movements including immigrant rights and workers’ rights. We believe that an injustice to one is an injustice to all.
In 2009, SAME joined Unite Here Local 30 as a vocal and active member in the boycott of the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel to address the owner’s financial support of Proposition 8 and its unequal treatment of housekeeping staff. SAME members were very aware that the hotel was taking advantage of the mostly Latino immigrants who were trying to support their families with the low pay and long hours working there.